I have come to realize that half of the battle in creating a conservation priority map is locating the proper layers. I spent about an hour looking through the National Map searching for a good Aster DEM 30×30 as well as hydrography and wetlands layers. I found a couple that are for my project area, but am having some issues with the projections themselves. At this point I am trying to find layers that span throughout two counties rather than trying to stitch together separate counties into one projection. It does require a little more digging through layers from my end but ultimately will prevent any systematic errors that might occur from using different projections.
I’m hoping to have acquired all my necessary layers by the end of next week.
In addition to the wetlands/hydrography I will be adding zoning, land cover, and T&E species into my map.